Here’s How To Get Rid Of Cat Pee & Poop Smell The Best, Most Effective Way
Cat lover? We get it. Not only are cats great pets, but they are also generally less stressful to take care of. But when it comes to cat pee and poop, pet owners know that it’s a different story. Not only is cat pee and poop notorious for their smell, but they can also be a health hazard to you and your family.
Is Cat Pee and Poop Toxic?
Cat urine is highly concentrated in ammonia even before it crystallizes. As it solidifies, it tends to become more harmful as the concentration gets higher. Breathing this in can trigger health problems for people such as runny noses, red eyes, itchy skin and rashes.
Additionally, airborne allergens aren’t exclusive to feline fur and skin. They can also be found in pee puddles and pee stains, posing allergy risks for many people. Of course, there’s also bad odor, which can easily irritate someone or put them in a bad mood.
The obvious way to avoid this is by using a cat litter box. But are these always effective?
How to Get Rid of Cat Pee and Poop Smell
Usually, pet owners use a litter box. A necessity for every indoor cat, litter boxes provide contained and predetermined locations for your kitty to relieve themselves and “mark” their territory. The problem is that litter boxes aren’t always convenient and most people may not always have time to replenish their cat’s litter each month or just constantly clean the boxes.
If this sounds like a problem you’re currently dealing with, try the Kitty Poo Club.
Best Litter Box for Cats
An all-in-one solution for your cat’s litter box needs, Kitty Poo Club is a subscription-based service that sends a recyclable litter box to your doorstep every 30 days. Incredibly easy to set up and use, Kitty Poo Club is a convenient solution for pet owners who don’t want the hassle of lugging a box home from the pet store, as well as those who live in a small space and don’t have room to store boxes of litter.
Started by Ohio Entrepreneur Chad Kauffman in 2017, Kitty Poo Club provides cat owners with a “complete litter box solution.”
How Does it Work?
Your journey with Kitty Poo Club begins on its website, where you will be asked to answer a few questions about your household and which products you want in your first box. Based on the information you provide, Kitty Poo Club will put together a starter package that includes a litter box, the litter of your choice and optional accessories.
Once you’ve set everything up, Kitty Poo Club will start sending you the items once a month. It’s that easy!
While the litter box is a recyclable box that you can continually use, Kitty Poo Club allows you to fill it with one of five types of cat litter.
- Silica Gel – As Kitty Poo Club’s signature litter, each silica gel bag features beads that are about the size of an average hail pellet, making them incredibly comfortable for your cat’s paws. Like all silica gel products, it’s also a low-maintenance product that absorbs moisture to control liquids and odor.
- Fine-Grained Silica Gel – If your cat prefers a sandier texture, Kitty Poo Club also offers a fine-grain version of their silica gel. This silica gel is also a desiccant, helping effectively dehydrate both urine and feces for up to a month.
- Clumping Clay – If you’re looking for a clay option, then this clumping clay features activated charcoal for additional odor control. While not as low-maintenance as silica gel, a single boxful of clay can last twice as long, making it a great option for those who have more than one cat.
- Soy-based – For those who prefer a plant-based option, this soy-based litter is perfect. Like the clay litter, it requires regular scooping to keep it clean and odor-free.
- Diatomite – Derived from natural sedimentary rock, the diatomite litter is non-clumping and low-tracking. It’s also hypoallergenic and is excellent at controlling odor.
In addition to these excellent litter options, you can also choose to include other cat products in your monthly box such as mats, scoops, toys, cat treats and even a dome to give your cat more privacy. Each box and litter is also affordably priced at $22.99 or $11.99 if you only want the box.
The Kitty Poo Club Difference
While there are countless litter box options available on the market, Kitty Poo Club sets itself apart by providing an all-in-one and eco-friendly solution. In addition to its visually pleasing design, each litter box is made from 89% recycled cardboard and 11% recycled plastic. The Club even provides a link to the Carton Council Website where you can enter your zip code to find out if you live in an area where these cartons can be recycled. The litter choices are also eco-friendly and science-backed in addition to being extremely absorbent in fluids and odor. The wide variety of choices is also perfect for stubborn cats that are picky. Of course, Kitty Poo Club also offers a refund for boxes within the first three weeks of use.
For those who like the convenience of not scooping urine balls every day or running to get a litter box every month, Kitty Poo Club is one of the best litter box options for cats.
Ready to make cat ownership easier? Learn more about Kitty Poo Club by clicking here.